The Resource Center organizes resources around 7 green economy “Sectors” and 7 “Topics.”
Search by sector or by topic, or across all sectors and/or all topics. Or search by keyword at the top right of this page.
How are the Resources Organized?
What are the Criteria?
Resources that are included in the SEED Center have been reviewed by the TAG and meet the following criteria:
- Accessible and available for colleges to model and/or customize to their local labor markets
- Not to be used as a means to market individual consultants or their products to AACC members
- Promote colleges becoming generally more innovative
Additionally, be sure to check out our Green Programs!
Found 160 Results
Page 3 of 16
This three-part interactive infographic depicts how the energy system could evolve between the present day and 2050 through scenarios based on varying amounts of carbon-emissions reduction. This tool can be worked into college curricular materials to make a great educational tool for the classroom or student projects. The three focuses of the visualizations depicted are:
– The Emissions Reduction visualization allows users to quickly and easily see what impact countries, technologies and sectors may have on carbon dioxide emissions in the decades to come.
– The Energy Flows visualization focuses on the transport, industry and buildings sectors, highlighting the different fuels (from oil to biofuels), sectors (from petrochemicals to residential) and end uses (from water heating to lighting) that will be affected in the years ahead.
– The transport visualization lets users compare selected indicators, from annual roadway travel to roadway length, across countries and regions.
This mapping technology, also available as a mobile app, allows the user to overlay renewable energy resources on maps to visualize and assess the technical and economic potential of renewable energy in any given location. Maps are fully customize-able and can be saved for later reference or shared with others.
This news source provides educators and students with up-to-date information and policy news as the Midwest shifts from a fossil fuel based energy system to a more renewable one.
The US National Renewable Energy Lab Publications Database includes technical reports, journal articles, conference papers, patents, presentations, books, fact sheets and brochures on green energy topics from 1977 to the present.
The Energy Treasure Hunt video series shows how to organize a creative and analytical project to find low cost energy saving opportunities. These training videos draw on the best practices and proven strategies of leading Energy Star partners and will make a valuable tool for class projects and community involvement.
This resource provides college students with searchable listings of available clean energy jobs to help them prepare for and find renewable energy careers. Also, check out their suggested Reading List
for more information on the green energy sector.
This article, on the state of green careers, provides information and resources for educators and students on current sustainable career trends and projections. Links to websites featuring sustainability related job offerings, disciplinary based sustainability associations, higher education consortia, and career pathways for students are included.
This resource provides access to additional educational resources from SEED Center partners and corporate sponsors. Pearson is the global leader in education publishing, providing quality educational solutions that span the post-secondary learning spectrum from college and career training through graduate studies and professional training and development. Please explore this bookstore for all your sustainability needs. We’re just getting started, so please keep checking back for updates and new materials.
This searchable database of renewable energy industry standards and publications includes guidelines for products, training, installation, performance and more. Standards for all divisions of renewable energy are included: bioenergy, geothermal, hydropower, ocean energy, solar and wind.
Page 3 of 16