Check our Upcoming Events for announcements about our next webinars.
Webinar Recording Archive:
- Community Colleges as Learning Laboratories for Sustainability (Mar. 17, 2015)
- Innovative Approaches to Sustainability Education at U.S. Universities co-hosted with Security and Sustainability Forum (Jan. 14, 2015)
- Connecting Sustainability, Student Engagement, and Workforce Development (October 30, 2014)
- Community Colleges, Education, and the Impending Water Crisis (April 15, 2014)
- Building Sustainability into the College Strategic Plan (April 2, 2014)
- Campus as Living Lab: Experiments in Re-Vitalizing Education and Building Performance (November 7, 2013)
- Community Colleges as Student Sustainability Living Laboratories (September 10, 2013)
- Higher Education Collaboration for a Sustainable Community (March 5, 2013) Video: Chico Project
- SEED-Sponsored Webinar – Education & Civic Engagement for a Sustainable Future (February 19, 2013)
- $ustaining Clean Technology Workforce Education (November 7, 2012)
- Practices on Getting Students into your Green Courses (October 25, 2012) external
- Community College and Industry Partnerships Webinar: Part II (September 27, 2012)
- Green Genome Awards for Community Colleges: Learn More and Apply Now! (May 1, 2012)
- Community College and Employer Partnerships: Real Jobs in the Clean Economy (March 6, 2012)
- SEED-Sponsored Webinar – Key Strategies Using Policy & Civic Engagement (February 16, 2012)
- Community Colleges Leading Rural-Based Green Economy Initiatives (December 8, 2011)
- Alternative Fuel Vehicles: New Technology, Refined Workforce Programs (November 30, 2011)
- Building Quality Workforce Development Programs for Real Energy Efficiency Jobs (September 22, 2011)
- Community Colleges Creating Demand for Green Collar Jobs Through Community and Business Outreach (April 20, 2011)
Community Colleges as Student Sustainability Living Laboratories: In partnership with the Security and Sustainability Forum (9/10/13)
As higher education institutions redesign and retrofit campuses in greener ways, many forward-thinking schools are using these projects as hands-on learning opportunities for students. These “living laboratories” merge academics and campus facilities management to provide students with real-world skills and, for the institution, a path to meet its sustainability goals. Community colleges, in particular, are leading the way, as they use living labs as a tool to completely revitalize education. Co produced by the SEED Center and the National Council on Science and the Environment.
Higher Education Collaboration for a Sustainable Community: A 2-Year/4-Year partnership to get more students marketable green credentials (3/5/13)
Learn about partnership where a community college, university, the city, and the utility company collaborate to help local homeowners achieve lasting energy efficiencies while simultaneously providing marketable credentials for students.
VIDEO – Chico Energy Pioneers Project: This video represents a summary of the Chico Energy Pioneers Project- A partnership proejct with the City of Chico, Butte College, CSU, Chico, Energy XChange. (View it on YouTube)
Learn how one community college and partners institutionalized once grant-funded green classes into credit-bearing programs to move from an isolated ‘green’ course to the greening of all crucial programs.
Learn how to form a green industry panel, how to identify smaller suppliers, and how to engage industry reps across the building automation sector in course delivery and internship opportunities.
Learn more about the nationally-developed Green Genome community college framework, how it can help your college institutionalize sustainability efforts, and how to apply for an award!
Learn how one college has identified and capitalized on training opportunities in the building automation and controls industry, where employers are actively engaged in program design and students are being placed in good jobs.
Learn how renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable agriculture offer viable economic opportunities for rural regions and how community colleges are preparing a qualified workforce.
Learn about workforce development opportunities in this industry and hear from two colleges with cutting edge hybrid vehicle training initiatives.
Webinar underscoring the critical nature of community colleges integrating energy efficiency training and education into new and existing programs.
Community Colleges Creating Demand for Green Collar Jobs Through Community and Business Outreach (04-20-11)
Webinar on how colleges are creating demand for green collar jobs through community and business outreach.